At Hazlewood Community Primary School we recognise that the personal development of pupils, spiritually, morally, socially and culturally, is at the core of their ability to learn and achieve. We therefore aim to provide an education that provides pupils with opportunities to explore and develop:
Their own values and beliefs, spiritual awareness and high standards of personal behaviour, confidence and independence.
They will develop positive, caring attitude towards other people. This incorporates understanding of their social and cultural traditions and an appreciation of the diversity and richness of all cultures. Citizenship can prepare pupils for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of later life as well as promoting pupils’ wellbeing. It is hoped they will reach their potential by;
- Developing confidence and responsibility by making the most of their abilities
- Preparing to play an active role as citizens
- Developing a healthy, safer lifestyle
- Developing good relationships and respecting the differences between people
- Being independent and transferring skills to different situations